AProf. Mag.arch. Mag.theol.
Johann Traupmann is co-founder and principal – together with Christoph Pichler – of the architectural practice Pichler & Traupmann Architects (founded in 1992). Since that time they have been working on a variety of commissions in the areas of private houses, office and mixed-use buildings, social housing, and increasingly, cultural and academic buildings.
The work of Pichler & Traupmann has been documented in numerous publications and awarded several distinguished prizes.
Johann Traupmann was born in 1958. He studied theology at the Catholic Theology Faculty of the University of Vienna and architecture at Vienna University of Applied Arts. He has been teaching since 1992, first as a lecturer and since 2002 as an assistant professor at Vienna University of Applied Arts (Studio Zaha Hadid 2000 to 2015, Studio Kazuyo Sejima 2015 - 2019, Studio Díaz Moreno and García Grinda since autumn 2019).
He is a member of Vereinigung bildender Künstler Wiener Secession (since 2001) and several advisory boards such as Gestaltungsbeirat Krems (2013-2018), Fachbeirat Wien since 2017, and Quality Management Boards (Nordbahnhof-Areal, Neues Landgut-Areal, Oberes Hausfeld-Areal).