The University of Applied Arts Vienna has an opening for the position of University Professor (m/f/d) of Architectural Design starting from October 3, 2023 for a fixed period of five years, with the possibility of an extension of the contract beyond the fixed period.
The Institute of Architecture (I oA) at the University of Applied Arts Vienna offers a three-year accredited master’s program (MArch) devoted to experimental and innovative design in architecture and urban practices. The Institute is embedded in an internationally renowned applied arts university that fosters exchange between disciplines, provides state-of-the-art education in the fields of arts and research, and promotes global exchange.
The open position entails leading one of the three design studios at the I oA. We are looking for an international recognized architect with their own projects and accomplishments who is especially focused on progressive, experimental architectural and urban design that addresses the complex socio-cultural, environmental and technological challenges that our times are facing. In addition to setting up a critical spatial discourse and demonstrating solid teaching skills, the candidate should have a reputation of professional excellence and a record on high quality standards on realized works and projects in the architectural field.
- excellent academic qualifications, teaching experience of advantage
- proven professional excellence and experience in architectural and urban practice outside of academia – from conceptualization to realization
- ability and willingness to supervise students within the framework of the three-year master’s degree course, as well as PhD students in architecture
- teamwork capabilities and a readiness to cooperate with the departmental staff
- willingness to develop and implement research projects
- willingness to organize and implement public events on architectural, artistic and scientific subjects to promote international networking and increase the visibility of the I oA, the university, and its graduates
- cooperation with the other departments of the I oA in engaging synergistically in conceptualizing, designing, visualizing and communicating change in architecture and spatial and urban practice
- willingness to assume responsibilities pertaining to university self-governance as well as to perform administrative duties as part of the University’s everyday activities as a teaching institution
- social competences: human resources development, teamwork, communication skills, employee motivation
Teaching language is English. German language skills are helpful but not a prerequisite.
In accordance with the Collective Wage Agreement, the negotiable minimum salary for professors amounts to € 5,437.70 per month, payable 14 x per year. Pursuant to the stipulations of the Collective Wage Agreement, the salary may be negotiable based on experience.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their applications to the rector’s office at the University of Applied Arts Vienna, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, September 8, 2022 in English and electronic form, enclosing comprehensive documentation that includes a detailed curriculum vitae, a portfolio of selected projects, as well as a brief summary of the candidate’s proposed teaching activities.
The University of Applied Arts Vienna / the I oA is seeking to maintain a 50% female representation in leading positions at the university and therefore expressly encourages women to apply. As an employer, the University of Applied Arts Vienna stands for equal opportunities and diversity and ensures a procedure critical of discrimination.
The University of Applied Arts Vienna does not offer compensation for travel expenses to applicants.